Enter our FREE LOCKDOWN competition
Aldeburgh Museum is on the lookout for modelmakers of all ages to create an Aldeburgh landmark or building in 3D. Any medium can be used – cardboard, paper, clay, bricks, textiles or wood.
Winning entries will be exhibited at Aldeburgh Museum. TO ENTER CLICK HERE.
Launch date: Monday 15th February
We are thrilled that you have decided to make a model of a landmark in Aldeburgh. Once you have decided which building or landmark you are going to make, you will need to decide what you are going to use to make it from. You are free to make your model building out of any material you like, cardboard, paper, salt dough, wood, textiles, lego bricks – the more creative you are with the material you use, the better.
Due to covid restrictions in place, we do not know when we can reopen our museum. Therefore we have left the closing date open for the time being, which gives you plenty of time to get creative. However as we will need your model to be in the Moot Hall for judging, please return the entry form and make sure you check our social media regularly for updates.
- All entries are to be a model of a landmark in Aldeburgh, in 3D, and in any medium.
- Models should be no larger than 50cm x 50cm.
- There are three categories:
Category 1: 4 – 11 years
Category 2: 12 – 18 years
Category 3: adult entries
- Prizes will be awarded to each category.
- Entries will be judged and exhibited at Aldeburgh Museum.
- The competition will launch on Monday 15th
- The competition will continue to run until lockdown ends.
- The competition models will need to be delivered to Aldeburgh Museum by the modelmaker, once the museum is open.
- Entry forms are available from the Aldeburgh Museum website. Data from the entry forms will only be used for competition purposes and will be disposed of after the event.
- Competition models exhibited at the museum will need to be collected at the end of the event.