VISITING OUR MUSEUM SAFELY – COVID-19 Controls
We are have instigated a time slot allocation system to ensure that we do not have too many people in the museum at once and that social distancing can be easily practised. You will need to book a time slot for your party. Whilst booking a time slot is free of charge, an entrance fee is payable on entry to the Museum as set out HERE. We operate a cashless payment system. The timed entrance will reserve a place for your party on a specific day and time for up to six people in one social group (ie people who do not have to “keep their distance” between one another).
PRE BOOK YOUR TIMED TICKET BELOW
On arrival please give your name and ticket reference to the member of staff who will be at the bottom of the Moot Hall steps. You will be told when it is safe for you to enter the building.
We have taken the decision to re-open with safety precautions in place to protect you, our visitors, our staff and volunteers, the many of whom are over 70 years old. To minimise risk we kindly ask that you adhere to the following:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times whilst in the museum. Our staff will be wearing them and we insist that you wear them too. Remember the Moot Hall is also a place of work. For children under 11 years we would prefer them to wear a face covering, but it is not mandatory. Face coverings are not required for children under 2 years of age
- Hand sanitiser is provided for you to use at the reception desk to use on entry and also at strategic places around the museum.
- We are operating a contactless system for entry fee payment and shop purchases. Cash can be accepted however NO CHANGE will be given.
- Please refrain from touching the display boards.
- On entry you will be provided with a pen (which is sanitised after each group) to operate the touch screens.
- Please maintain social distancing with those not in your group. To help you, we have a one way system in place and signs indicating the sensible points for groups to stand.
- We have a small shop on the ground floor, please try not to touch items unnecessarily. The Supervisor is available to assist you.
Your visit is very much appreciated in such uncertain times. Our museum is entirely volunteer led and relies on visitors and shop sales for income and so survival.